Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Are you really defeated??? Getting past depression, guilt and shame!


      Getting past depression, shame and guilt!

Are you feeling defeated, has guilt, shame and depression brought you down?
 Are you living in a pit that seems to feel like quick sand?

I KNOW people don't talk about this ugly thing called depression, I know...Living in a world where we deny our feelings or pretending to be ok.
Sometimes believing  that what we are going through is just not that important to others. Living in a world were we have to put on a face of  "No, I'm fine"..
While you feel like your dying inside. No one gets you, no one understands what you feel.
Believe me I get it. I started battling depression at 21, I was a young single mother of 2 boys. I felt alone, confused and I had to force myself to work and provide for my children. I pushed through the undying feeling and found liquor as the answer. This went on for years until I found spirituality as liquor was no longer filling the void.
But are we truly created to live this way?. I say NO, a big NO, but why do some struggle with this and some don't?
Like myself I used liquor to avoid the feeling, some use drugs,shopping, sex, money, exercise, or work.
When there is a void(depression,shame,guilt,condemnation) that is not acknowledged it begins to destroy you. To some extend we all have some of these feelings, some people more than others. The suppressed emotions lead to a fiery pit.
                                                         But can we get out is the key question?
-While you are in the middle of these emotions you can feel hopeless, simply reaching out to someone will help.
-Taking a step to forgive yourself and who ever has hurt you.
-Sitting down to acknowledge what you are feeling. Maybe writing it down, releasing the anger in a constructive way.
-Writing  a letter to yourself, what would you say to yourself (what would you want to hear?)
-My favorite go somewhere were you can SCREAM it out. Depression can be sadness, or anger that has been suppressed.
-I know while in the pit everything feels miserable, but just ask God for help. Just one word, HELP, he will know exactly what you need.

For me prayer has helped me out, while my problem with depression has changed drastically there will be times that sometimes it wants to sneak in. Before I lived in depression, not anymore. If I feel any sadness, or hopelessness now I just pray, I give it up to God. I now know that if I'm feeling sad I can deal with it quicker and faster. Deal with what I'm currently facing and end it. I have added a prayer that feel will also help you, I know it helps me.

Prepare yourself for each day's spiritual challenges by making the following prayer part of your morning routine:

"Dear Lord, as I get out of bed today, I know I'm stepping onto a battlefield. But I also know You've given me everything I need to stand firm. So in the power of Your Holy Spirit, I put on the armor of God:

"First, I place the helmet of salvation on my head. Protect my mind and imagination. Guard my eyes, allowing no sin to creep in. Focus my thoughts on the things of God. Let the breastplate of righteousness keep my heart and emotions safe. I pray that I won't be governed by my feelings, but by truth. Wrap Your Word around me like a belt. And safeguard me from error. I put on the sandals of peace to guide my steps. Plant my feet in Your truth. Empower me to stand firm against attack.

"Next, I take up the shield of faith. Protect me from Satan's fiery arrows. Place me shoulder to shoulder with Your army to oppose the Devil's schemes. Finally, I take up the sword of the Spirit, Your Word. Help me to read the Bible in a fresh, exciting way so I will always be ready to deflect attacks and pierce hearts with Your truth.

"I know I'll face assaults today, Lord. But You've empowered me to stand firm. Give me strength for the battle today."
Without God's armor, you're as vulnerable as a soldier who goes into battle wearing only a bathing suit. Get dressed for success!


I know that you and I were made to be victorious, 
I send many blessings your way.
Angie Castillo
Lifestyle Coaching
"Empowering you to be who you are meant to be"

No comments:

Post a Comment